We're looking to add a full-stack (React/Node) developer to our team. We offer a remote-first culture and an opportunity to drive key components of our product.
- Resolve prioritized issues from the issue tracker, writing high quality code.
- Continually improve the quality of Astronomer by using discretion of where you think changes are needed.
- Develop features from proposal to polished end result. A self-starter who can take work on an idea quickly and iterate through feedback.
- Support and collaborate with our support engineers in getting to the bottom of user-reported issues and come up with robust solutions.
- Engage with the core team and the open source community to collaborate on improving Astronomer.
- Manage and review code contributed by the rest of the community and work with them to get it ready for production.
- Create and maintain documentation around features and configuration to save our users time.
- Take initiative in improving the software in small or large ways to address pain points in your own experience as a developer.
- Keep code easy to maintain and keep it easy for others to contribute code.
- Know how to use CSS effectively.
- You have worked on a production-level application (this is a strict requirement).
- You can reason about software, algorithms, and performance from a high level.
- You are passionate about open source.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and have strong organizational skills.
- Collaborate effectively with UX Designers, Developers, and Designers.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.